An epic Thai dinner ist’t complete without a fried appetizer component (or at least thats my philosophy) This is a quick and easy app to prepare, especially when you have the ingredients on hand. If you don’t have the exact ingredients .. experiment!
|Thai corn fritters||
- Canola oil (for frying)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup flour (I use gluten-free)
- 2 cup corn (I use frozen)
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves mined garlic
- 4 Tbs minced cilantro, basil or scallion
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then drop by heaping teaspoon into hot oil and fry to golden brown. Voila! I usually sprinkle with salt and a chili powder and serve with a sweet chili sauce for dipping (Available at most Asian markets!) If you cant find it, mix hot cock sauce (siracha) with honey or agave, to taste!
- p.s. Try the same recipe with a little chopped up shrimp or white fish, and serve with tartar sauce.