My new favorite thing is going to watch Polo! There are so many things I loved about it: copious amounts of champagne, beautiful people dressed in their finest daytime chic, and the air of classic formalities and everything else fabulous! I’ve heard about the event for years, and after seeing the details show up in my Facebook feed, I bought tickets immediately!
I absolutely love champagne, and have included my recipe for champagne cake below! The first time I presented this recipe, was in a gifting suite at the Hollywood Christmas parade. Let me know what you think!
Here are a few pictures of me and Morgan Sky at the event.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup champagne (I use Veuve so I have the bottle to finish)
- 6 egg whites
- Orange Blossom Buttercream
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 – 51/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom extract, or finely grated orange peel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 10 inch round cake pan, or cupcake molds. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture, alternating with champagne. In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, and cool on racks.
- For buttercream, blend cream cheese and butter together until smooth and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until desired consistency.<div class=”mceTemp”><dl id=”attachment_679″ class=”wp-caption alignleft” style=”width: 310px” data-mce-style=”width: 310px;”><dt class=”wp-caption-dt”><a href=”http://www.culinaryadventureswithmariko.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/CIMG22381.jpg” data-mce-href=”http://www.culinaryadventureswithmariko.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/CIMG22381.jpg”><img class=”size-medium wp-image-679 ” title=”CIMG2238″ src=”http://www.culinaryadventureswithmariko.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/CIMG22381-300×225.jpg” alt=”” data-mce-src=”http://www.culinaryadventureswithmariko.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/CIMG22381-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″></a><br data-mce-bogus=”1″></dt><dd class=”wp-caption-dd”>Champagne Cake with Orange Blossom Cheesecakes, served at the Hollywood Christmas Parade gifting suite.</dd></dl></div>