I’m obsessed with purple vegetables (beans, asparagus, potatoes) and especially cauliflower. Cooking often removes the vibrant purple color (the antioxidant anthocyanin) so I try to use them raw whenever I can. This cauliflower recipe is light and refreshing; perfect on its own as a snack or alongside your favorite meal.
- 4 cups purple (or white) cauliflower, in florets
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB dijon mustard
- 1/2 TSP each salt, pepper and cayenne
- 4 TBS fresh chopped herbs (I used sage, thyme and parsley)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- In large plastic or non-reactive bowl, combine vinaigrette ingredients and mix until blended. Add vegetables and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerated. Wait at least 1 minutes, or for best results - overnight.